The People's Republic of Caine-40 is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 590 million Caine-40ians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 52.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Caine-40ian economy, worth 4.98 trillion Golds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Retail, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 8,442 Golds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caine-40's national animal is the Vulture, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caine-40's influence in Coalition of the Willing rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Caine-40's influence in Coalition of the Willing rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Caine-40 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Caine-40's influence in Coalition of the Willing rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Caine-40 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Coalition of the Willing.
- : Caine-40 endorsed The Max berry of Makasta2.
- : Caine-40 was endorsed by The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 14.
- : Caine-40 endorsed The Republic of Quebecshire VI.
- : Caine-40 endorsed The Hunter of Father Gascoigne.
- : Caine-40 was endorsed by The Hunter of Father Gascoigne.