The Protectorate of Caine-32 is a huge, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 575 million Caine-32ians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 48.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Caine-32ian economy, worth 5.12 trillion Monies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Trout Farming, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 8,898 Monies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caine-32's national animal is the Python, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caine-32's influence in Merciam rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Caine-32's influence in Merciam fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Caine-32 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Caine-32 ejected and banned The Federation of DUCK Card Farm 1 from Merciam.
- : Caine-32 was endorsed by The Theocracy of Saint Langburn.
- : Caine-32 seized the position of Merciam WA Delegate from The Borderlands of Khirzota.
- : Caine-32's influence in Merciam rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Caine-32 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Merciam.
- : Caine-32 was endorsed by The Republic of Joe Dart on the Joe Dart Bass.
- : Caine-32 was endorsed by The Republic of Enyo 90.