The Liberum Porcos of Brussel Hamlets is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Firewood with a fair hand, and notable for its parental licensing program, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.179 billion Hamletsians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bucalentus. The average income tax rate is 91.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hamletsian economy, worth 584 trillion goldsprouts a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 112,808 goldsprouts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi, the 'Museum Of Stuff We Stole' is a tourist favourite, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense, and Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brussel Hamlets's national animal is the baby pig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Porko-pantheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Brussel Hamlets, Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.
- : Following new legislation in Brussel Hamlets, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense.
- : Brussel Hamlets was endorsed by The Corporate Republic of Cheesecakeastan.
- : Brussel Hamlets's influence in Thaecia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Brussel Hamlets lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Brussel Hamlets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Brussel Hamlets was endorsed by The Colony of Mars Walker.
- : Brussel Hamlets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Brussel Hamlets endorsed The Kingdom of Miharr.
- : Brussel Hamlets was endorsed by The Kingdom of Miharr.
Endorsements Received: 17 » The Marconian State, Korsinia, Rushenberg, World Trade, The Bigtopia, Orsily, Marie Byrd, Cerdenia, Zermanny, Rhodesae, District-6a, Wolventoft, Clarance, Brototh, Levantx, Miharr, and Cheesecakeastan.