The Armed Republic of Black Men is a huge, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 270 million Powers are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 37.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Black Menian economy, worth 6.38 trillion Uhurus a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Basket Weaving, Trout Farming, Woodchip Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 23,634 Uhurus, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Selfie stick use is a required Scout badge, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids, cane fights are a common sight in nursing homes, and the big red machine has ground to a halt. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Black Men's national animal is the Silver Bird, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Black Men lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : Black Men's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Black Men's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Black Men relocated from The Mystical Council to The Rejected Realms.
- : Black Men was ejected from The Mystical Council by The Solar Empire of Alistia.
- : Black Men's influence in The Mystical Council rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Black Men's influence in The Mystical Council rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Black Men's influence in The Mystical Council rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Black Men relocated from Union Army to The Mystical Council.
- : Following new legislation in Black Men, the big red machine has ground to a halt.