The Empire of Besancia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Alexander with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.125 billion Besancians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sakobe. The average income tax rate is 91.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Besancian economy, worth 259 trillion Roenars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 122,006 Roenars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts, bargain hunters descend on disaster zones for a quick spot of grocery shopping, the Treasury Minister takes anxiety medication every time kids lose their sports kits, and most pop videos prominently feature the Besancian flag. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Besancia's national animal is the Griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Besancia endorsed The Confederation of United Cascadian Peoples.
- : Following new legislation in Besancia, most pop videos prominently feature the Besancian flag.
- : Following new legislation in Besancia, the Treasury Minister takes anxiety medication every time kids lose their sports kits.
- : Following new legislation in Besancia, bargain hunters descend on disaster zones for a quick spot of grocery shopping.
- : Following new legislation in Besancia, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts.
- : Besancia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Besancia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Besancia endorsed The Democratic Republic of The Great Indian Democracy.
- : Besancia endorsed The Holy Empire of Empire of the rising Switzerland.
- : Following new legislation in Besancia, internet sites are legally unable to stop their users from posting pornography.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Marvinville, Rayekka, The Marconian State, Zermanny, The Bigtopia, Marie Byrd, Rushenberg, Taralania, German Moravia, Gyliea, Uppenja, Orleanth, Korsinia, Orsily, Nouvelle Valois, New United Goryeo, Mafsachufetts Bay, World Trade, Ermica, Cheesecakeastan, Rhyddfraint, King Vonte, Preatona, Cerdenia, Rhodesae, British Verona, Wolventoft, Clarance, Brototh, ASEAN Nations, Levantx, LardBoy, Eurllcace, Arsongrad, Budimia, Miharr, Blart, Avea, Versadienreich, and Ellesmeren.