|Leader||President Gabriel Livreke Luke|
The Federal Republic of Benween is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Gabriel Livreke Luke with a fair hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 4.72 billion benweenians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Benween City. The average income tax rate is 42.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving benweenian economy, worth 388 trillion Weens a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 82,207 Weens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, there's no such thing as bad publicity, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Benween's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Benween changed its national animal to "Eagle", its currency to "Ween", and its motto to "Pis, lilvertt eg justisis".
- : Benween altered its national flag.
- : Benween's influence in Union Mundialista rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Benween's influence in Union Mundialista fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Benween changed its national faith to "Catholicism" and its leader to "President Gabriel Livreke Luke".
- : Following new legislation in Benween, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Benween, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- : Following new legislation in Benween, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
- : Benween agreed to construct embassies between Union Mundialista and Union Latinoamericana de Naciones.
- : Following new legislation in Benween, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.