|Animal||Bone Reaving Ape|
The Free Land of Baron Bones is a massive, orderly nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical, devout population of 2.131 billion Baron Bonesians are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The enormous, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 50.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Baron Bonesian economy, worth 50.3 trillion Bones a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Cheese Exports, Uranium Mining, Pizza Delivery, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 23,590 Bones, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election", all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, the 'Museum Of Stuff We Stole' is a tourist favourite, and cheering flag-waving citizens don't like to think too hard about politics. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Baron Bones's national animal is the Bone Reaving Ape, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Baron Bones was endorsed by The Republic of Dandaman.
- : Baron Bones's influence in Equilism rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Baron Bones was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Baron Bones approved the World Assembly proposal "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Baron Bones was endorsed by The United Republic of Randgriz.
- : Baron Bones was endorsed by The Interstellar Republic of Isaris.
- : Baron Bones endorsed The People of Pensee.
- : Baron Bones was endorsed by The People of Pensee.
- : Baron Bones was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Heaverian Guard Div 3.
- : Baron Bones was endorsed by The Good Morning of Nakari Sunny.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Meriden, Alexanderian Macedonia, Imperia Aura, Degtyarev, The Admiralty, New South Zealand, Whitewolfe, Evanisia, Vitsmunir, The 24th Division, Whamabama, The Monkye, Ralshia, Flexion, Pensee, Isaris, Randgriz, and Dandaman.