The Democratic State of Balaslandia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Payton with an iron fist, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, keen interest in outer space, and national health service. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.59 billion Balaslandians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Balaslandia. The average income tax rate is 37.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Balaslandian economy, worth 481 trillion Stars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 134,001 Stars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists are researching the best way to kill off humanity to prevent catastrophic war, athletic teenagers are among the wealthiest members of society, facial disfigurement is a leading cause of supervillainy, and the tightness of border controls in Balaslandia leave a little to be desired. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Balaslandia's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Balaslandia relocated from The West Pacific to Ogden.
- : Balaslandia relocated from Ogden to The West Pacific.
- : Balaslandia appointed The Dictatorship of New Sladia as President with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Ogden.
- : Balaslandia dismissed Balaslandia as President of Ogden.
- : Balaslandia's influence in Ogden fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Balaslandia's influence in Ogden fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Following new legislation in Balaslandia, the tightness of border controls in Balaslandia leave a little to be desired.
- : Following new legislation in Balaslandia, facial disfigurement is a leading cause of supervillainy.
- : Following new legislation in Balaslandia, athletic teenagers are among the wealthiest members of society.
- : Following new legislation in Balaslandia, scientists are researching the best way to kill off humanity to prevent catastrophic war.